Have Some Mother’s Day Mimosas!!
Happy Mother’s Day
It’s not Mothers Day without mimosas! We hope all the moms out there feel extra special today. Happy Mother’s Day from all of us at Happy Hour Near Me! Today is a great day to get brunch, and what is brunch without mimosas? But, anyone can figure out how to make a simple mimosa…. It’s just champagne and orange juice, right? Welll…… yes. And no…. Aren’t the moms in your life more special than just boring orange juice? Make things more exciting for mom with these special and delicious mimosas:
Bellinis are a delicious twist on the traditional mimosa. These two recipes are both really good, fruity & sweet, but we understand that some people prefer a simpler alternative. The second recipe is for you.
- 16 ounces of defrosted frozen peaches (you can use fresh peaches too)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) water
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sugar
- 1 bottle of bubbles (champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine)
- Puree peaches, strain & refrigerate until cold
- Boil sugar and water until water is dissolved. Chill until cold
- Mix sugar water with peach puree
- Add chilled peach mixture to bottom ¼ of champagne flutes
- Pour bubbles on top, gently stir
- Enjoy responsibly!
- 3 ounces peach schnapps
- 3 ounces orange juice
- Bottle of bubbles (champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine)
- Pour ½ ounce each of orange juice and peach schnapps into bottom of champagne flute
- Top with champagne
- Enjoy responsibly!
Oh, yeah! Did we mention that May is also National Margarita Month? So grab your favorite moms and enjoy Mother’s Day Mimosas and National Margarita Month with this refreshing blend of mimosas and margaritas:
- 16 ounces orange juice
- 4 ounces of silver tequila
- 3 ounces of Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 ounces of fresh squeezed lime juice
- Bottle of champagne, prosecco or sparkling wine
- A lime cut into 8 wedges
- 1 orange cut into 6 half wheels (optional for garnish)
- Coarse salt for rim of glasses
- Rim 6 glasses with lime and dip in coarse salt.
- In a pitcher, combine orange juice, tequila, Grand Marnier/Cointreau, and lime juice.
- Stir Gently and pour into salt rimmed glasses.
- Pour the sparkling wine (or champagne, or prosecco) on top of the tequila lime mixture.
- When the bubbles settle, top each glass with ½ an ounce of Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- Garnish with lime wedges & orange wheels
- Enjoy responsibly!!
Just in case you don’t know how to make the good, old fashioned, traditional mimosa…… here ya go:
- Orange juice
- Bubbles! (Champagne, prosecco, or sparkling wine)
- Pour champagne into flutes
- Top with orange juice
Happy Mother’s Day everybody! Enjoy responsibly!!
Click Here to find a great bar where someone else can make these Mother’s Day mimosas for you!