Independence Day Cocktails
Happy 4th of July!!
Independence Day and cocktails go hand in hand. We really can’t think of a better way to celebrate our freedom than to grab a drink and enjoy the celebrations with friends and family. We hope these cocktail recipes help you enjoy your holiday festivities!
Freedom…. In a glass? Yes, please!
Red White & Blue Sangria
Celebrate Independence Day with this Patriotic cocktail – a fruity white wine sangria. Feel free to add soda water or reduce the amount of simple syrup to cut down on sweetness/sugar.
- 2 bottles dry white wine – Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio work great
- 8 oz triple sec
- 4 oz raspberry or blueberry vodka
- 4 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2cup simple syrup (¼ cup sugar boiled into ¼ cup water until dissolved, then cooled)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2cups fresh pineapple chunks (or cut them into stars)
- Combine all ingredients in a large container and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve chilled over ice, with a scoop of fruit floating in each drink. It is also good topped with a splash of soda water.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Americano Red Cocktail
For those of us who prefer a less sweet Independence Day cocktail, the Americano is bittersweet with fruity notes of cherry and grape. The two liquors balance each other out very well, with one being bitter and the other being sweet. Soda water also reduces the sweetness, and you can always add more if you prefer a milder flavor.
- 1.5 oz Campari
- 1.5 oz sweet vermouth
- Soda water
- Orange Slices
- Fill a glass with ice
- Add Campari and vermouth
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with an orange slice
- Enjoy Responsibly!
Also… Check out Big Dog’s Draft House for specials on beer today!!
They have some killer deals on Beer!